Who knew things could change so much even after you're confirmed on flights! So, after sleeping in SFO International Terminal and spending all morning on hold with airlines, the new plan is to spend today "enjoying" the San Francisco airport (I was supposed to be out of here at 12:05 am this morning). Then, at 12:05 tonight, I'll fly to Taipei for a day and sightsee (the alternative was to spend an extra day in SFO. Sorry SFO, nothing personal). I'll check out Taipei, then head to Bali on Friday for a 1.5 (vs 3) day visit. Is that the definition of a jet setter: one day in San Francisco, next day in Taipei, next day in Bali, then Singapore two days later? I'm ok not being a jet setter. Unless its on a private plane. With family. And Daisy.
You know, this could have been a lot worse. At least my luggage wasn't lost (yet), and I get to add Taipei to my list of places visited. And I can use this time in SFO to learn about Taipei, Bali and Tokyo, and figure out where I'll be staying and what to see. Perhaps this part of the trip is a "forced (airport enclosed) vacation" to force me to chill and read/plan.
There's always a silver lining.
No comments:
Post a Comment